Australia’s Tom Slingsby will race for gold in the Laser class at the London 2012 Olympic Games in Weymouth today. Tom takes a 14 point lead over Cyprus’s Pavlos Kontides into the medal race and is guaranteed at least a silver medal.
The Laser medal race is scheduled for 2pm local time (11pm EST) and there are a number of ways to follow the action at home:
- Foxtel’s London 8 will broadcast the Laser and Laser Radial medal races live
- Channel 9 will cover Tom’s race live and have a number of reporters in Weymouth today
- We will be providing commentary on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AusSailingTeam
- The Australian Sailing Team’s Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Australiansailingteam
- ISAF have a blog for all the racing which can be found at http://live.2012.sailing.org/Event/ISAF_Olympic_Sailing_Blog
A large Australian media contingent is in Weymouth today and the team will feature heavily over the next 24 hours.
Keep an eye out for:
- Channel 9 live crosses from the Cove House Inn
- Channel 10’s Breakfast live from the Cove House Inn on Tuesday morning Australian time
- Channel 7 Sunrise weather live from the Cove House Inn on Tuesday morning Australian time
- Foxtel live crosses
- ABC TV Breakfast live from the Cove House Inn