Newsletter to Club Officials – May 2006
Major Events for 2006/7 Season Please click here to find all the major events for next season (to the best of our knowledge) as they will appear in our Go Sailing Magazine, be promoted to the media etc. If you have any last minute corrections please contact Sam Maffett firstname.lastname@example.org . Please when you are drawing up your club and class calendars for next year give your members the opportunity to participate in these major events by not scheduling competing activity and publishing these events on your own calendar.
Affiliation Fees Rule 11 Review Special meeting of clubs – Tuesday June 6 at RMYS, Pier Rd St Kilda at 6-7.30pm You should have received a special email on this. The meeting is to discuss the options we have identified in the last year of consultation with clubs and aims to form a resolution to be taken to the annual general meeting in September for the vote of all clubs. To RSVP Click Here
Schools Teams Racing next season – Clubs & schools interested held a successful meeting at Port Melbourne Yacht Club last Monday about next years program. If you would like a copy of the minutes please contact Robert Kamer at email@example.com.
Public Liability Insurance, including Race Officers’ Liability Insurance - we are pleased to advise that there is now available to our Member Clubs & Classes a vastly improved Policy Wording which applies to all renewal covers under the Robert Masterman Pty. Ltd. Scheme. The new Policy is underwritten by Lloyds of London and has the following advantages, and most importantly, is no more expensive than the previous Policy. The improvements include:
- On land and on water, world wide coverage, as detailed in the Policy Wording
- No sub-limit on Errors and Omissions Coverage
- No sub-limit on property in your client’s physical or legal control
- Libel and Slander Coverage is automatically included in the Policy
- No exclusion for Waterborne Craft (but we do expect you to insure club owned Waterborne Craft with adequate Third Party Liability Coverage). This coverage is to protect you in case of emergency situations. For more details and a proposal form, please contact 03 98209277 or visit www.bobmast.com.au :
Yachting Victoria Champions & Awards Night – Friday July 7th 6.30pm - at the Lexus Centre. You should have received a separate email inviting you to this important event. If you didn’t please click here & take advantage of the early booking discount.
Upcoming Training Courses for Club Officials. If you would like a course conducted at your club or in your area please let Heather know. We are able to provide Powerboat, SafetyBoat, Radio, First Aid, Club Race Officer and Instructor Courses. Generally courses can be run anywhere – provided we have at least 12 participants. Upcoming courses include (details from Heather or on our website)
- Level 2 First Aid – Beaumaris on July 9 & 16
- Instructors Course Wed Evenings - August 2, 9, 16, 23 Saturday 26 Venue TBA.
Yachting Australia Meetings – On the last weekend in April 8 Victorians represented you in Sydney for a full set of YA meetings covering a wide range of issues about improving and developing sailing and boating. The overall outcome of the meetings was a very positive view by nearly all present of the initiatives that YA currently have underway. These include
- The Australian Sailing Team – launched in March.
- The development of our Training Services and Products
- A review of the YA affiliation fees structure – (in parallel with YV)
- Achieving government recognition – the ASC sees Yachting as one of the best governed sports in the country.
- Youth Development Plan & Policy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Off the Beach – Committee . YV is currently looking for interested parties to reform its off the beach committee. If you are interested please contact Gary Hosie email@example.com
Volvo Flags & Merchandise – YV has inherited some flags, banners and shirts from the Volvo Ocean Race Melbourne Stop Over – they are free to any club interested. Please drop into the office to collect some or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about the many successful things YV is currently working on ? . YV Executive and Staff are available and willing to come to your next club meeting to answer your questions, explain issues and tell you more about the many good things that are happening at YV – just ask .